Speaker's confuse and scare me...need help.

Jason H
Please bare with me here....So I am about to update my home theater speaker setup and I have no clue. I can build racebikes and computers, but I know hardly anything in the realm of audio. I think that I'll do it piece by piece for cost reasons (less shock to the wife if done in pieces)focusing on my center and rears first because they are my weakest link then replacing the rest as I go. Currently I have a Pioneer VSXD812 6.1 receiver with Polk R30 front towers, cheap-o Yamaha center and rears and Cerwin Vega LW12 powered sub. Cost is a concern so I cannot afford premier stuff, but I want to get the best I can for my $$. After some looking around, I've been impressed with the Klipsch RC25 center and RB15's or 25's for the rear. If I went this route I'd consider adding the RF-25 towers a little later to replace my Polk's. One concern is would I be better suited with the RS-25 surrounds in the rear rather than the bookshelf's? Are there other speakers I should consider in this price point? Any suggestions for a 6.1 setup including what I should do for the center rear channel. I also was impressed by the Polk CSi30 center and RTi28's. Any opinions would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us