A/V for Boston vs Paradigm-NAD vsYamaha vs??

CMac
Unregistered guest
Hi folks. I've been lurking here in the shadows the last few months reading all I can about A/V pro's and cons. Here is my situation, I'd appreciate your thoughts-pro or con.

Up to now have been primarily a music listener. Classic rock and blues. Would like to keep rich/crisp music reproduction and add impressive "part of the action " surround. I have been an NAD supporter for over 20 years. I still have my first 3020a powering my outdoor system. I use an NAD 304 in home that powers Boston Accoustic HD10 's in my office and Paradigm 7se3 in the family room. I love them both. The Boston's give fantastic highs, and as has been said here many times the Paradigms are great warm all around speakers. I prefer the Bostons for most music but can't decide which pair to build the rest of the system around. Paradigm seem to have many more options in their line-up and Boston seemed to have really changed the focus of their line-up since I bought mine. Also price of the Paradigms is more favourable here in Canada, but that won't be the deciding factor.
Room-27x18x8-drywall, carpet, sound insulated ceiling and walls
60/40 music /movies

I have tested the NAD 743, Yamaha RXV 740 and Denon 1804. Unfortunately not in the same store. I liked the sound intensity of the Yamaha for movies but I thought it was lacking a bit in depth for music. NAD music was as it has been, movies were not as impactful as Yamaha. I didn't find Denon to be that much better than the Yamaha for the price.

Am now at point of purchase. I'd appreciate any comments on receiver choices and speaker combo's (addition of center, rears and sub.)

Thanks for your input. CMac

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 362
You could try Marantz SR5400, it should be good for music and movies, warm and detailed sound with good control and a lot more depth than a Yam. Also more features than the NAD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us