Connecting DVD to the old SONY SONY LBT-D109 stereo?

Username: Mhead

Post Number: 1
I'm going to buy a DVD player soon (that's right, I still don't have one :-) ). I would like to connect it to my 10 year old SONY LBT-D109 to be able to enjoy the music videos, but even use my DVD player as regular CD-player as the one on my stereo is acting sometimes strange with burned CDs.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's possible to connect DVD to my stereo at all. The only input on my stereo is called 'PHONO L/R', and according to my manual (note that this is 10 years old equipement) it should be used for turntables and stuff like that. But there shouldn't be any problems to connect another device (like DVD) using analog RCA connectors, should it?

To conclude this - are PHONO-connections only for turntables or can I even connect other stuff (external CD-players, DVDs, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 393
Sorry to disappoint but the phono input is a little different and wouldn't sound good.

Unregistered guest
Haha!, I am Tassos from Greece!
I have connected my pc (AUX out) to my phono in of my Sony LBT D109, you just have to buy a little machine that converts aux to phono. Sound is perfect!. now i can put anything!, DVD, CD, whatever!. I bought it in down town in Athens, Greece, at about 40 euros.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us