Main Speakers Suggestions Please

I've got a Denon 1803 receiver and can currently only manage two front speakers and a sub (long story). I've looked at the Polk RTI-28 and 38s and wanted to see if I could get any suggestions / reccomendations for bookshelf speakers in the $200 - $300 / pair price range. TIA

Mike v
You can get RTi28s for 175 new on e-bay. I'm sure the 38's are probably only 50 more. If you don't mind going used, I see the speakers I currently have going for 150-250 used which is definitely a bargain. Those of course are the RT55i, which is probably the biggest set of speakers I would call "bookshelf". The sound from these is incredible for the price.

If you're open to other brands, the Klipsch reference bookshelf speakers are a good deal as well, and can be had in your price range. Make sure you go listen to a set because Klipsch sound is not for everyone, it's pretty top heavy (although with a "dark" amplifier like a Denon, it's a real good match).

http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/RB-25_large.jpg

That's what they look like, should be able to get a pair for around 300.

KEF is also a great manufacturer of speakers, as is B&W, but I'm afraid anything new from those two would fall out of your price range (although again, used is a good place to start).

-Mike

What do you mean that the Denon receiver is "dark"? Thanks for your recomendations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us