Marantz SR5400 / SR5300 sub-out

Anonymous
I've read on the web that when listening Marantz SR5400/5300 in stereo (direct signal) the sub-out connection is disabled.. I'm thinking of buying this amp, but if this information is correct it rules out the Marantz amps. I've got a pair of small, good quality bookshelf speakers that need the sub to sound convincing.

Has anyone compared the normal version of SR5400/5300 to the SR5400/5300OSE. Is there really any difference?

Username: Risingpower

Post Number: 5
If it's analog yes, how would it without processing the signal and splitting the cutoff frequencies and directing the channels? Point being you can use dts neo, dolby pl 2, or circle surround 2 to reproduce the sub channel and all other channels from an analogue source if necessary.

Username: Cgsauer

Post Number: 10
What does this exactly mean, will this hook up to my sub like my current HK receiver. Any difference in the sound with DVDs, CDs, etc.

Thanks

Username: Risingpower

Post Number: 6
Yes it'll hook up to your sub, as far as I remember it's got the single coax lfe connection. What it means is that the other channels are produced from the original stereo source which didn't have them in the first place. I.e artificial surround/other channels like in prologic. I've heard that the HK tends to be more of a powerhouse than the marantz, but the audio quality of the marantz being better in stereo.

Username: Gal

Post Number: 12
As pointed above NO receiver can produce a .1 signal in source-direct mode from a 2 channel source.
If your receiver does it then it is not true source direct.
On the Marantz models just use plain 2 channel stereo setting and you get the 2.1 feature, you don't have to use surround settings as posted above.
The S-direct mode is meant to be used if you have a higher end player and than your receiver and you would like to take advantage of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us