Quick Question on Rear Speaker Placement

Username: Hawgs

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 1
I am setting up Home Theatre setup in my house and I currently have the TV against one wall and a couch against the wall opposite of the TV.

Where is the best place to put my rear speakers since they cannot be behind the couch? Mounting them on the wall is an option. I suppose if I were to do this I would want them pointing towards the couch?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Yes, it is an option but it depends on your speakers and your room. Try a few places on a temporary basis and see what you think.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Yes, it is an option but it depends on your speakers and your room. Try a few places on a temporary basis and see what you think.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 755
i have even seen people mount them on the ceiling.

now keep in mind with having your couch against
the wall you will not have optimum placement.
so like jan said experiment.

you could even try on the wall behind your head
but out to the side some.

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 2
Do I want to point the speaks towards the couch? Thanks again for everyones help!

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 3
Do I want to point the speakers towards the couch if I were to mount them on the wall or on the ceiling? Thanks again for everyones help!

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 775
yes for the most part.

but if you can make a temporary placement and then
listen to some other temp placements you may find
one sounds better than the other.

even on traditional setups people still experiment
with placement, more for the rear speakers than the fronts.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 445
One method where the couch is against a wall is to have the rears on either side - about a metre higher than your ears and facing each other. But as the others have stated, try various positions and directions. Remember if they are very close to your listening position and directed at your ears, then maybe only you might get the real benefit. Some even place them on the floor behind the couch facing up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us