Need comment on sonus faber concerto home

newcomer
Unregistered guest
I am going to buy this speakers. can it match with the nad c352 amp

thanks

Unregistered guest
Nice speakers. Nad might have some trouble driving them to volumes you'd like. Depends on room size, taste in music, volume levels, etc. Try it and see.

newcomer
Unregistered guest
thanks mauimusicman

from the spec of nad, its power is 80w and the minimum driving power of sonus faber concerto home (from sonus faber ) claim to be 30w. Why there is trouble?

Unregistered guest
I said "could be trouble" Depends. How large is the room? How far away from the speakers will you sit? What kind of music and at what volumes? Do you like the bass set past center detent? Loudness button on? All these things will play a part in your answer. Bottom line: try it and see. Tha NAD amp's don't have enormous current capabilities like some other amps, but should be sufficient.

newcomer
Unregistered guest
thanks alot

I understand your points

I don't like rock. I like classics such as piano, voices and some soft music. I seldom turn the volume to a high level. I don't like strong bass but not too weak. My listening area is about 200 feet.

Bronze Member
Username: Gio

Post Number: 14
Often times manufacturers' claims that power amps with ratings from X number of watts to Y will be enough to drive their speakers, are just not true.
Take Paradigm for instance. They claim that a 15w power amp will drive their Studio 100. No way. Actually not many amps under 100w, or even 150w, will drive these speakers in a decent way.

If I'm getting Mauimusicman right, you might need an amp with a higher damping factor and more clean power, in that price range a Rotel could perhaps do the trick.

I don't know the Sonic Fabers thta you're talking about, but my advice : don't take that sort of claims for cash and try to listen before if you can.

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 11
I have similar set of Sonus Faber Concertino's speaker with NAD C350 amplifier and NAD C541 CD player. They are placed in a big living room.
Unfortunately I must say that I am not completely happy with this combination.
The Concertino's are very accurate and revealing speakers. Single instrument like oboe, flute, violin or even piano sounds excellent, vocals are magnificent but when I try to increase volume the speakers start to sound harsh and screaming. I have also difficulties in having full range orchestra but it may be that the Concertino's are too small for the big room.
The Sonus Faber although very styled to look at are not mild or soft speakers and the NAD C350 is not also. The combination is a little "too accurate". In another room I have Mission 751f speaker and they work much better with the NAD C350 amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us