Advise for Panasonic SA-XR50S with JBL SCS160SI

Username: Dmisterj

AmabEcuador

Post Number: 5
I live in South America and im a home theater's fan, i was looking for a home theater in a box and i decided for Onkyo S770 but i had a little big problem: the weight, i have to pay almost 1000 bucks for bring the system to my country, thats why im lookig for a lighter alternative, i think that Panasonic SA-XR50S with JBL SCS160SI can be a good alternative, not as good as Onkyo but weight many pounds less.
Can someone give me advise if this equipment worth or not
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 391
Panasonic is better! Wait for the Sa-xr70 that is to be released soon - sounds better. If you want to buy now, Sa-xr45 is the one to get - has better power supply.

They are digital amps and sound much better than the onkyo - you will be surprised. Many audiophiles are getting them and praising them for the value it offers.

You can get better speakers though. I would look into monitor audio or paradigm studios - if you are spending that much to ship it there, you might as well go for a little more quality.

You can also shop used at www.audiogon.com or www.videogon.com for better prices.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 392
If you don't want to spend a lot on speakers, you might want to consider this one. Won awards.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=ht_package&item=k 1pkmv9zz&type=store
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us