NAD 2600 ??

Bronze Member
Username: Seamus

Post Number: 29
Do any of you have any experience with the NAD 2600 ? I've been offered a good deal on one, but can't seem to find any info on the amp. It's obviously so old that even the NAD website doesn't carry it in the list of past products.
I'll go give it a listen, but wanted to hear feedback in the interim.
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
C'mon guys, is it really THAT old ?

Username: Yamaha

Post Number: 1
Seamus, its a very good amp ! I've got 5 for home theater to run subs and the like. late 80's early 90's. Last version was the 2700THX out to 95. 150 watts per channel. Will drive anything and has lots of headroom. Better sounding than the original Adcom 555. They go for 225-250 used. Good deal for less than that. How much ? Stan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks Stan.
If you say 225-250 USD is a good deal, then I'm getting one which seems too good to be true!! I'm not in the US - the price the seller's quoting converts to about USD 65.
He says the amp is about 10 years old, in perfect working condition. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet - plan to do so soon.
What's the useful life of NAD amps of that vintage ? I'm too new into this field to have any knowledge...

anonymous joe
Unregistered guest
Thats a good sounding, powerful amp. I had one, it will drive anything you put forth with ease and always sound open, never strained. Thats a steal at $65...

Username: Yamaha

Post Number: 7
Seamus, if you decide you don' want it I'll give you twice that ! Regarding reliability, NAD is known for reliable products. These units were made in Japan. I would not worry about it. I have stereo stuff from the mid 70s still in use. This amp can be used in stereo and mono mode and has multiple inputs. Make sure you have the switches set up properly or you can fry the amp and speakes. This is the price for flexibility. Only thing is that the switches and volume controls may need cleaning if they crackle or one side does not work. This can be done using electrical component grade contact cleaner that is labeled PLASTIC SAFE. Home Depot has it or radio shack. Spray it in and move the switches. May need several trys. Good luck, Stan

Unregistered guest
By coincidence, I just emptied my storage bin for a tag sale I'm having next Saturday in Darien, CT and have an NAD 2600 amp, NAD 1300 pre-amp, NAD 2300 tuner and NAD 6300 cassette deck that I'm planning to sell. I googled "NAD 2600" and this was the first sight I visited. I'm looking to get some idea on how to price them. Does anyone know the power rating for the 2600?

Robert Ngui Aust
Unregistered guest
Curt, I have just been given a 2600 with its original manual. It's 150 watt continuous and 200 watt peak, but can be switched (see Stan Bodnar's message above) to output a massive 800 watts.
Seamus, mine is 15 years old, and it is in perfect, as new condition, so do not worry about the age. If it has been looked after it will still be brilliant.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 277
I'de go for a Rotel, eheheh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us