Perfecting the art of saving money

Sean Sateren
I have an absolutely horrible audio system. (Except for my receiver). I am looking forward to purchasing surround speakers, and a center speaker. I currently have a fund of around $200. I've already purchased my front speakers, but they have not arrived yet. The front speakers I've purchased are a pair of Pyramid 4-way speakers for $89.95. They feature dual 6.5" subwoofers, 300 watts peak, 150 watts rms, and 2 tweeters. For surround speakers, I am looking at a pair of JBL N24II's at $94. I've read great reviews of them (nothing but great reviews). From what I understand of them, they will be acceptable for my Pioneer VSX-D411 100x2, 100x5 receiver. If you have input on a more acceptable ~ $150 pair of surround speakers, it would be very much appreciated. As for a center channel, I am seeking an Infinity Entra 2 two-way speaker. eBay Infinity Entra 2 auction. Does anyone recommend any specific brands/models? I would like the center channel to have some bass drivers for adequate bass (I have also have a horrible Altec Lansing subwoofer.) I was considering buying some really cheap KLH bookshelf speakers, but I decided I'd rather spend more money (hopefully getting more also). I don't expect my surround speakers to have a lot of bass, but it would certainly be nice. All in all, anything new would probably be better than this pair of old 12" woofers in home-made boxes. :(. Thanks for all of your input. I'll read whatever you have to say (knowledge is power, as I've discovered).

Merlin
Don't you consider any voice match for your set up? I think, all the speakers for HT MUST have voice or tonal match to each other so the sound will be seemless. I used to have 4 NHT super zero as my front and surround and Bose VC-10 as my center. Their sound were awful:( until I changed to all Arcoustic Research set. My home theater sounds seemless and very good. I hope, my opinion would help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us