What receiver to buy?

Username: Pmc

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 2
Can anyone help?

I am from Lisbon, Portugal so please excuse my english

I really need same help, to decide what receiver to buy, that fit the best for my speakers acoustic energy aego 5.

I found on internet the the marantz sr 5300 at £199.95, the Marantz sr 4400 at £ 198, the Cambridge azur 540r at 249 £.

But the LFE fixed cross over of the Marantz 5300 will be a problem???
from the Cambridge Audio azur 540R, i have heard that had same problems ? ( and there is no Rep. Tec. in Portugal).

Or can you advice another on the same range of price? I like a warm sound.

And is possible to connect my turntable and have a decent sound whit the receiver? Or is best to stay with my audiolab 8000A and my Monitor audio to listening to the vinyl records?

Thanks

Greetings from Lisbon

Paulo

Bronze Member
Username: Falp

Post Number: 30
Hi! Send me a message!

Greatings from lisbon too!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 361
Uh, it's hard to say. The 540R is very good, but you should compare them yourself to see wich you like the most. They all have fixed LFE x-over, the 4400 has 100Hz, 540R 80Hz and about the 5300 I dont know. You migth need something like 100-150Hz because your satellites are so small.

Username: Pmc

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 3
Thank, Landroval

I, can cannot compare both because I can find the ca540r on sale in Portugal (only on the internet)
the lfe cross over from the sr5300 on a rewie (by home cinema choice), they refer fixed lfe cross over as 80, 100, 120 Hz .

I herd the marantz sr 4400 and I was not what I aspect.
I have read a review (what video an widesscreenn tv) on the Denon avr 1604, and they refer the lfe cross over frequncies80, 100, 120 and 150 Hz ?.
But they advice that speakers should be high efficiency, hideally 90db/w or higher, the aego 5 will match this requirement? Or that is not a problem?

The price that I found on the 1604 is about £198

You can see that I'm not an expert on this matter, (but I like a clear and warm sound), or audiophile

Can you give an advice?

The denon 1604 will be a good match to the aego 5.
our should I up grade my spending to the Denon avr1804 at £264 or the Marantz sr5400 at £ 299, I would like to stay on the £200

Bronze Member
Username: Falp

Post Number: 32
The 540R is available in Portugal for 528€ retail price.

Is a great option with no useless gadgets and great sound, or else my favourite is the Maratnz SR5400 (with variable Xover)

799€ in portugal and about 499 to 600€ on the Net!

Paulo:
Manda-me o teu Email
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us