Kenwood KM-106 Amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 100
Would this amplifier work well into amplifying my front speakers.

My current setup is Pioneer vsx-1120-k, fronts Polk RTi8, rear Polk Fxi3, Center Polk CSi5, and HSU VTF-1 sub.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4650
Yes.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15831

First, you'll need "pre amp" outputs from the front two channels of your receiver if you're going to use a separate power amp for those channels. No "pre amp out", no separate power amp.

Then you'll need to determine why you want another amplifier rather than the one already in your receiver. The Polks are not extremely difficult to drive and the Kenwood isn't likely to offer that much more than the Pioneer. If you're trying to increase the wattage available to the speakers, you'll have to do more than a simple doubling or even tripling of the available wattage to make any significant difference in the available headroom the amplifier has before clipping. If you're not clipping the Pioneer, then buying more watts isn't the first place to upgrade your system.

You would probably be buying this amplifier, right? If you have money to spend, why spend it on this amplifier? What are you thinking it will change in your system's sound quality?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
No I saved it from being thrown away so it was free. I suppose I'm just anxious to see how it works at this point or if anyone knows anything about it.

Just to let you know I'm going from an Harman Kardon avr 635 (which is for sale btw) to the Pioneer 1120. The Pioneer is a great improvement in the Home Theater experience and features but a bit of a let down in power but since it has preamps I figured I would some day buy an amplifier if I still felt the need and then just recently this free amp landed in my lap.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15834

And you're certain the amp operates as it should? No DC output? No shorted caps? Everything works?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
It worked last time it was used within the last year. I guess we'll see later tonight if I get a chance to hook it up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us