KEF - Coda series, any one used these, what do you think about them. Guy in a store recomends

James
I am looking for the right speaker for my Denon Amp. And the Guy in the store suggested the Coda 90/80/70 for my Home theatre setup. What do you suggest?

Hawk
Very good budget speaker line--I recommend them.

What is your budget and what is your room size? This is necessary to give you an informed recommendation.

John A.
I can vouch for KEF. I have two early model Codas and they were (and still are I think) built to save on contruction costs without cutting corners on sound quality, which is very fine. Before the Codas all KEFs had fine wood veneer and came in matched mirror pairs and so on. Nevertheless the Codas have been reliable and speakers never actually wear out, anyway

James
Hawk,

My Budget is 700 - 800$ and My room size is
L- 17.5' , W - 12.5', H - 11.25'.

I have a book shelf and couch arrangement in a corner of room which accomodates in this area

L - 11', W - 12.5', H - 11.25'.

Hawk
James:

Codas would make a nice system. I am not real clear on their pricing, however, as my local KEF dealers only carry the Q series on up. Nevertheless, I think the KEFs are a good match for the Denon.

I am also unclear if you are seeking a full 5.1 system or just some mains for now. If you are looking for a full 5.1 system for your Denon, I have an alternative if the KEFs do not work for you. Go to One Call (www.onecall.com) and get the following system:

1 pr. of NHT SuperOnes (mains): $275
1 pr. of NHT SuperZeros (surrounds): $175
1 NHT SuperCenter (center speaker): $157.50
Total: $607.50

Then add a PSB Subzero-i subwoofer from DMC Electronics (www.dmc-electronics.com) for $219 and you have a full system that is a good match for your Denon and just a tad above your budget.

Another alternative is the Athena Point 5 speaker system for $ 795 from Audio Advisor (which is also offering free shipping right now, I believe). Here is a link for that system:

http://audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ATHP5SYS&product_name=Point%205%20Complete%20Home%20Theater%20System%20-%20Gloss%20Black

Anyways, that gives you some alternatives. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us