DIY Speaker Stands

Silver Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 267
Anyone build any good stands? Here is a link to solid looking speaker stand. What do you think? http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15576
I got great mileage from cement slabs and tilts Steve.
The DIY stuff is great, yes?

Silver Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 269
If I end up with monitor's, I will give the DIY stands a try first, just for fun. Nuck what are tilts?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15581
Tilts are rigid parts of the stand that allow you to lean back, reliably, low mounted small speakers.

Silver Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 270
Right, I understand.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4436
Upload

Silver Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 272
David, those are pretty heavy duty looking stands. What are they made from? I think it's pretty safe to say that they are sand filled as well.

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1106
My stands are DIY but I need to build a new set. The ones I have got broken in transit, and the repair job I did on them doesn't look so pleasing to the eye. I've waiting though as I've been contemplating a speaker purchase.

Thanks for the ideas.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4439
Hey Steve, The bottom plinth is a ceramic tile, then a concrete block. The upright is 4" ABS pipe (filled with sand), then the top is a piece of MDF. All glued together with Bulldog Superglue. Each stand weighs about 50 lbs.

Silver Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 273
David, did you tie the top plate to the bottom plate with a thread rod or just the glue like you mentioned? If thats held together with just the glue it must be incredible stuff. It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like everything is painted black.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4440
Just glue. I used this stuff:

http://www.rona.ca/shop/~adhesive-pl-premium-construction-adhesive-lepage-bulldo g-grip-34633_lepage-bulldog-grip_paint_shop

It's crazy stuff... sorta a running joke with me and my friends. I use it to glue just about everything together.

Yup, it's all spray painted black.

Silver Member

B.C Canada

Post Number: 274
Ok, thanks David.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us