Hooking up vcr(composites) to yamaha htr-6050

Username: Tbweston

Post Number: 1
Using a Sony VCR Plus with a Yamaha Htr-6050 and a JVC AV-31BP3 TV. I hooked up the VCR through the CD input with RYW composite cables. I have audio but no video. It seems like it's hooked up right to me. The other components like that are working. I've tried all the Video inputs on the TV to no avail. Wondering if I have a bad vid composite cord. Last one I have. Can I use something of a different color. Is there something special about video cords that make using one of them necessary?

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15516
Welcome to eCoustics Tom!

You will not get a video picture from the CD input, it work only on throught DVD or DVD/Cable input!

You can hook your VCR into the TV input!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15553

You will normally get a higher picture quality by running the video outputs of any source player directly to the TV, monitor or projector. Running through the receiver might make for some switching convenience but that can often be taken care of by using a universal remote with "macro" functions.

The color of the molded plugs means nothing other than to guide you in making connections at each end. Normally and with most modern AV receivers, you'll have to go into a set up menu to instruct the receiver's microprocessor to identify which input you've chosen to use for each source. If you pull up the "OSD" (0n Screen Display), you can check for set up menus. If you're using composite vs HDMI, you might have to set up the receiver to default to the composite input and not the HDMI or vice versa. I don't understand how you could have made a composite video connection to the audio only CD input, so I'll assume you simply mis-typed what you were intending to say.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us