Post Number: 258
What do you think?
www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/ultrasonic-welding.htm

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15506

About what?

"The copper speaker wire enters the back of the banana plug and is fused directly to the gold-plated brass surface of the banana plug ... "

There is still a discontinuity of materials which is undesirable no matter where it takes place or how it is accomplished. Nothing in their literature says their connectors are any good and the "sound of a connector" is as important to a successful cable as anything else. Most audiophile connectors amount to not much more than audio jewelry meant to attract the male audio crows with their bright shiny appearance and little else. When the connectors is not well made to provide a real world "standard" impedance match at the termination, signal reflections can disrupt the sound quality. The bulk of the average audiophile connector is itself an impediment to good sound. Everybody then has to have their own story and it is merely a matter of whose story who wish to believe. I can tell you from personal experience this connector; http://www.twochannelaudio.com/eichmann.html sounds cleaner to my ears than any other save no connector at all.

Virtually all audio connectors outside of a very few, exotic and rather pricey connectors are several different materials starting with brass, nickle and some tin base which then receives a thin gold plating. This IMO makes the concept of welding to eliminate the impuritites of a solder joint just so much marketing hooey. Pay attention to basic construction and materials, PVC "sounds" different than does Teflon. Twisted pairs sound different than do Litz or parallel runs. To hang your hat on one specific item which makes your cable "better" than the competition is not seeing the forest for the trees. BJ cables have a good reputation for inexpensive cables but I wouldn't say this one technique of construction is responsible for that reputation.

Silver Member
Username: Smwick

B.C Canada

Post Number: 260
Jan, thanks for your view on this. I just saw it the other day and didn't know what to make of it, marketing hooey or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us