Rotel RMB 1095 question

Username: Mcjames1234

Post Number: 1
Hello, I want to apologize in advance for this ultra confusion question.
I have a Tecnics MASH CD player,mac C34V preamp, BW 804 matrix; As for amp, I have just recently purchased Rotel RMB 1095 5 channels. My question: Is it possible to do the following....I want to turn this 5 channels in to a 2 channels amp by way of biwiring the speakers where the bass is connected to the front channel and the mid/tweeter to the rear. In the end I would have one center channel left that is free, Is this confusing to most you? any how, this is not a true bi amp persay but is there any modification that I have to do. I could care much for 5 channels, but the deal on this amp was too good to pass up. thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15432
As I recall from my 985 amp, no.
The shared power supply becomes unbalanced when bridging channels is attempted, and the thing shuts off with protection.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15006
Nuck

I don't think he was talking about bridging but use the front and rear channels to drive a pair of BW 804 in bi-wiring.

James

Yes you can use this amplifier to drive your BW 804 like bi amps, use 2 ''Y'' splitter cable RCA to produce sound on both channels(front and rear).

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15433
Ahh yes, my bad.

Yes, James, that is fine. The 1095 is a 5Xmono amp, albeit with a common power supply.
You are free to split the inputs as Plymouth suggests.

Username: Mcjames1234

Post Number: 2
Hey thank you much gentlemen for you inputs. However, instead of the "Y" splint cables, I bi amp it in another way: my Mac C34V has two speaker zones, so I properly connected them and I think the out come is the same. I'm getting 200 watts going thru the high and the low. would you say so?

One of many things I noticed were, I barely turn the volume up (one notch) on my C34V to produce sound and anything passed 1/4 way it is way too loud for the apt. Sign of a good amp?

This is my first Rotel RMB 1095 AMP, or a stand alone amp for that matter and I will have to say that my ears love what they hear. Acoustically, it resembles the time I auditioned the B.W 803 D, (well, to my ears any way.) Is this particular amp considered to be the Rotel "statement amp"?

My next upgrade would be a CD transporter and DAC: Tetha brand and may be some where down the line a MAC 7200
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us