Some Qs on Naim HDX ...

Bronze Member
Username: Sourav

Post Number: 27
I'm considering Naim HDX to
1) mainly store (any play better) my collections in MP3 format (which I don't have in any other format) and
2) create a complete one stop personal music store with all my songs currently available in different formats (CD, LP, Cassette).

My current system is Rega P5 with Rega TT PSU, Naim CDX2, Naim 150x, Naim 122x, Naim FlatCap, Naim Stageline and Dyna Audio Audience 72.

In this context I'm looking for answer to follwoing Qs -

1. How good is the sound quality ? I'm not hoping a CDX2 sound but something close to that would be good.
2. My current song volume is closer to 500 GB. BUt I would like to have an option for more than 1 TB storage. Does HDX-SSD give the option to start with Local storage and then move to external storage ?
3. Can HDX-SSD can be plugged in with any external hard disk ?
4. Does HDX provides ripping capability from analogue media like LP and Cassette ? My intention is to store all music in same place. This is to have an option like when I want better playback I'll use the original media (and preferrably through LP). But at the same time I'll like to have them in single place for quick comparisions of songs etc.
5. Is there any other choice apart from Naim HDX available in market which can suit my need and can integrate well with my rest of teh system. However I'm not looking for a PC based solution.

Any suggetsions/pointers would be appreciated highly.

Regards,
Sourav
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us