Well, Harman screwed up, sent HKTS 12 NOT JBL scs150si

evelyn
Hey there. I ordered the jbls for my onkyo txsr-501. For a beginner they seemed a good match. Now I got my speakers todays, however Harman KArdon sent me the HKTS 12 instead of the JBL. WHAT shoudl I do? return them or be glad for what I have? help me.

john peterson
My suggestion: keep it . You are very lucky to have it instead of JBL ,i have HKTS 10 and the more i use it the more i love it.Read this:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Harman_Kardon_HKTS_12/4505-6467_7-20848416.html

have fun with your set .

evelyn
Hey John, Yeah I will probably keep them. My other concern is stands? do you have a pair? any idea where to get them?

Kevin

Hey, I won't be hooking mine up for a week or so, but how is the sub on that? too big?

FYI - the Great Indoors in Utica, Michigan is turning into their outlet store. They have the SCS150SI for $149 (new in box)! I'd consider it, but I'd rather have the HK HKTS 12's. Pretty good deal though - don't know how long it lasts. Probably a closeout as I believe the JBL's were replaced by the SCS160 (just an extra speaker?).

I did buy a Harmon Kardon AVR525 receiver last week for $399 (vs. the $800 list). These sell for over $500 as refurbs from HK on EBay. Yahoo! (too bad I found a 10% coupon in the paper today).

Hi all- just ran across your site and just had to write for your opinion. I decided to splurge a bit and putting together an entertainment system. I purchased the Panasonic PT-50LC13 50" LCD HDTV Monitor and am ready to order the Harman Kardon AVR525 Receiver with the Harman Kardon HKTS 12 5.1 speaker set. I also would order a pair of the Harman Kardon HK2 sat speakers to push the system up to 7.1. For my DVD, I will order the Samsung DVD931 with DVI output to the TV. I have a small to medium sized room- any thoughts on additions/subtractions/improvements to this system?

Michael
Kevin,

You mentioned that you purchased a H/K AVR525 for $399. Wow, what a great deal!!!! May I ask where you bought it?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us