Which speaker is the better choice, best guess without auditioning them

Username: Kaspermerlin

Post Number: 5
i am trying to figure which of the two are a better choice. not taking into consideration that no one may like either of the two. the klipcsh xf48 are last years model, but im not looking at that. the other speaker is definitive technology bp-7004, i think the bass ext. is lower on this one. but i will leave that out of the equation to balance out the desision of choosing between the two. ok, what does everyone think. i value your input, guys and girls

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1545
" am trying to figure which of the two are a better choice. not taking into consideration that no one may like either of the two."

This is exactly why questions like this are difficult for us to answer... we can tell you what WE like, but it is difficult for us to answer this for you own ears. I can tell you that I feel that def tech speakers have overblown bass, and that I generally have a distaste for klipsch treble and horn / cone integration, but that does not give you a picture of what these sound like. If you like rap, you may love the def techs. Likewise, if you are into rock music...you may really enjoy the klipsch (which have a strong following with rock music).

I can also tell you that a speaker will sound a certain way paired with different gear. We need to know what you are going to be using your speakers with before we can throw a recomendation. If you are going to pair it with an Onkyo receiver, I would not go with the Klipsch (headache city).

My best advice is to go out and listen to them for yourself :-). That is the only way to be really sure if you will be happy with your gear.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3962
Klipsch sound bright to most, and Def Tech sound dark to most. The Def Techs may be a better speaker, bit preference is what it's all about.

Go to a Best Buy with a Magnolia to hear them. While there, check out the Boston Acoustics, Mirages, and Vienna's. I'd get Boston Acoustics out of them all due to best value for money factor and 2nd best acoustic balance.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 3173
Boom I dig Boston Acoustics.

Post Number: 6
yea, i think i will go to magnolia and liste in dark cherryn to them both. i am kinda hoping the klipcsh sound better. because they are priced at 400 each. 86% lower than the original price of around 1300 each. but then again i know someone who is selling his deftech bp-7004"s for 600 bucks. thanks i just wanted some thoughts from you guys, because you all seem very knowlegeable. i really wished i had a few extra bucks, because on craigslist i saw a mint set of b&w nautilus m801"s in dark cherry. he only wants $5600.00, he paid $11000.00 for them. (must be nice to run out and grab them!)

Post Number: 7
whoops i screwed up on the first sentence. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us