So many different tweeters!!!!!!!

shaun6142
Heres a good question... What kind of tweeter can put out the most power and hold the lowest distortion? Ring radiator, dome, or horn?

Derek
Usually horn. That's one of the reasons they are used in sound re-enforcement equipment. Thier compression drivers' throat and waveguide shape better couple the acoustic energy to the air (as Klipsch has found) and thier directivity make them 2 to 9 times louder on access.

Hope that helps.

Marc Racine
Derek is absolutely right. If you are looking for power, horn is the choice. If you are looking for perfect reproduction and sweet sound, titanium domes would be best.

Hawk
On the other hand, titanum domes can sound very harsh and edgy to many people. I usually don't like titanium dome speakers and I don't care for horn tweeters as a rule, either.

However, I think the type of tweeter is less important than the execution of the system design. There are literally hundreds of different tweeter designs out there and a good tweeter can sound bad if the speaker maker hasn't matched it well with a good cabinet and cross-over, and matched it to appropriate mid and bass drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us