Too many Probs with NAD products

Jackson
I'm at a loss for words here, but I'll give it a go.. I've been following the threads here and time and time again I hear guys say "I've read about all the bugs and quirks with the NAD Receivers BUT".... To be honest I take all these "warnings" as reasons to stay away from these receivers.. I've bought quality components for 26 years and never had one problem never mind all the ones that keep popping up here with this product line from NAD this past year.. There are many wonderful high quality receivers out there, don't let high praises from one or two individuals push you to a product you know from reading here is iffy.... I work to hard for my money and enjoy High Fidelity too much to waste it on a quirky product that may end up going back and forth for updates and repairs..

Anonymous
Bought the NAD 762 receiver and it is awesome. Best quality 2 channel stereo I have ever heard, home theatre is great, and not one bug. Just thought it may be nice to hear this from someone who has had a good experience with the product.

Johnny
Anon,

I agree with you. I bought the NAD 762 receiver two weeks ago, and I am completely satisfied with it. I, unlike you, use it mostly for home theater, and the sound is awesome. I can hear things on it that I never heard before. Same as you, I have had no problems with it at all. Could use some advice on speakers though. How would PSB Image 2B sound with the 762? How would this compare to the cheaper Paradigm Titan's? Hawk, I know you have a lot of experience with NAD receivers.

Max
Hello,
Yeah Nad receivers are great....with all receivers you will have problems and most of the problems people talk about are not really threatening issues..mostly just little stuff, like popping noises when switching inputs and such....No big deal..
Max

Jackson
Hmmmm "popping noises" are no big deal??? Just reinforces my point. I don't think a $899 receiver should "pop" switching inputs.... again I say "There are many wonderful high quality receivers out there, don't let high praises from one or two individuals push you to a product you know from reading here is iffy".

John A.
Jackson,

We are audio contemporaries. You make a good, strong point. I share your attitude. But please take a look at Receiver quality and NAD. I linked the first post back to this thread.

Best wishes!

Boots
Just bought the NAD T742 and the sound is awesome! No bugs, and the power of the 742 is more than adequate for me, with plenty of headroom. Both music and HT are amazing! I am pushing PSB Image 5Ts, PSB 8C center and PSB subsonic 5i sub ... on HT it rattles the windows! (gotta tighten those suckers up!)
Boots

Bharat
I have the NAD T742 and completely satisfied with the sound. My experience with 742 is same as Boots.

Good with Music and Movies. I find myself listining to more of music than movie. But I must say the highway scene in Matrix Reloaded was fun to watch.

Bharat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us