Everyone's gotta be called something...

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3910
In need of a good laugh, I decided to kick it old-school and stream Beavis and Butthead from Netflix. There was an episode where Beavis goes to the ER after getting bit by a dog, and they tell the doctor Beavis's name is Rod Munch. It got me thinking back to a conversation I had with two guys I worked with - Michael Jackson and Brandt Dubey. Dubey said "everyone's gotta be called something."

Here's a few real people I've met over the years -

Amnat Chittapong - pronounced I'm not shittapong
Hiram D!cksh!t - customer of my father
Richard Kumm - Substitute a C for the K in his last name - S&K salesman
Harry Dunn - Jeff Daniels's charecter's name in Dumb & Dumber - my mother's doctor
Aswad Insurance Company - drove past it everyday when I lived in Niagara Falls - owned by the Aswad family
Dick Funk - classmate in college
The best one by far - Mike Hunt. A basketball coach I used to work with. He'd go by Michael, but no one would call him that. He got tormented by fans when we were on the road. Announcers would ignore his request to be announced as Michael. How much fun do you think the fans at Maryland had with that once he was announced as Mike Hunt?

Who've you met?

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1535
Not going there for obvious reasons.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1360
How about::
Richard Bender? A tech where I formerly worked. Very picky about first name, as you can imagine.

I'd LIKE to meet the Dover Twins.
Ben and Eilene

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3911
My wife worked with Dawn Beavers. Talk about p0rn0 name.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 980
I always thought Dick Wolf was worth a giggle. Producer of the CSI series I believe. I also went to school with an Ida Cline.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15192
I went to school with Rick Shaw, also Ted Nugent.

A certain Kenny Rogers barfed over my patio railing in college...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15016

Mike Phuck.

No schit!

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 982
There is a lady over at the local Tim Horton's whose name tag says FLICK. From a distance the L and the I kind of make a U.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1536
We had a sign in our store that said "control with every click". The C and the L were really close together, so ... it looked like it said "control with every d!ck". We had these all over the store.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3912
I'm moving to Stamford, CT at the end of the month. Greenwich borders it, with a section called Mianus. I told my wife about it in the past, but she figured I was intentionally mispronouncing it. Then she saw the sign.

Exit 6 on I95 - Mianus

I wanted to find an apartment there for the sole reason that I could tell people I live in Mianus. Appearently, no one wants to rent out their Mianus home.

The show Jackass stopped by there a while back, asking locals things like 'Are there any good delis in Mianus?'

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 983
I tried to paste a link but the naughtyness police won't allow the url. If you replace the "!" in the link below with an "i" and then paste it in your browser, you'll see why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D!ldo,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1502
I told a friend that the Thai island of Phuket was destroyed by the tsunami, not knowing how to pronounce it properly. My friend chuckled and said "it is now"

the Cambodian names tend to sound not right in US. Cuk Say Ung was someone I knew.

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 466
How about this name for a cigerette/smoke shop. They are located in a few states, here in the USA.

Cox's Smokers Outlet .....

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cox+smokers+outlet+Kanna polis&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cox+smokers+outlet&hnear=Kannapolis,+NC&cid=4275282882293735 637

I used to ride by there usually once a day. And I couldn't help but giggle about it.....almost every day

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 467
Oh, I forgot the other one down here in North Carolina.

There's furniture store franchise called " Badcock Home Furniture"

Wonder how many employees enjoy telling people .." I work for Badcock"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us