Speaker woofers not catching 60Hz frequency. Help?

Bronze Member
Username: Jodavis

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
Yesterday I brought my Cerwin Vegas up to my room. The pair have both 15" woofers in them. I usually hook them up to my receiver in the stereo L and R rca ports but since not enough bass gets outputted that way, I forced to hook up the speakers in the subwoofer pre-out ports powered by a dedicated amp. Check this out. The low bass 40Hz and under move my floor from DOWNSTAIRS, but for some reason the woofers aren't catching the 60Hz.....the woooooofffphh kind.....that usually rattles your eye-balls. Is it my amp, enclosure or power that's causing the problem?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15011

It's probably your room.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15184
room.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15185
What 12'X12'X10' room did you plunk them into, Julien?

Bronze Member
Username: Jodavis

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
What? The low notes really kick, but it's struggling with the 60's and 50 Hz's for some reason.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15013

It's probably a standing wave. One signal reflected back and interferring with the next signal which creates a null. Compression, meet rarefaction. Walk around the room and listen for better bass in certain areas of the space.

Bronze Member
Username: Dwp

LeicesterEngland

Post Number: 20
Worth trying a different position if it's possible. You can't change the room so the only other thing you can do is alter the position that the bass notes are generated. The position of speakers when it comes to bass is particularly critical.
[url=http://www.thehifisite.com]The HIFI site[/url]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us