E coustics- little suggetion

I think that someone should filter out the- "I bought this pair of speakers out of a white van,"
and "have you ever heard of brand x speakers that no one is familiar with except people who buy stuff that is stolen or imitation. The reason I say this is because their are a lot of dope's that think they bought something great when infact it is nowhere near audiophile standards, these speakers are sold to complete morons. This site should be used only for people that know true high fidelity. You could put in bold underline somewhere- DO NOT BUY SPEAKERS FROM HOODLUMS- and state the facts of why. I personaly am tired of people with money being so cheap that they can not support the American Economy, but love to support the black market.

Anonymous
Nice thought, near as I can tell there's no moderator on this forum. Additionally, trying to reason with people of that mindset is almost useless. The only person that can change their mind is themselves.

Look Delane, some people are wondering about these speakers, and most of them got conned. They want to find information on the company, and they end up finding out they got scammed, but thats no reason to flame them. Most of them don't think they got something great, from the posts I have read, most of them are curious, and a little dubious about the company. If you dont like the posts, dont read them. They dont know that they are not audiophile quality.

And as far as that bullshit you said about them supporting the "black market," you should consider that a lot of people dont have $3k to drop on a HT system, and that is mostly why Wal-Mart is the #1 retailer in the world. They are cheap. It doesn't matter to the consumer that what they carry is going to be inferior to the products at a high-end boutique, or even to most other department stores. They know they can get it cheap, and thats what counts, and that is a good thing. In fact, on your note about not supporting the American economy, Wal-Mart doesn't at all! They get all of their products from Asia, where labor and parts are so cheap that they can make money selling them at rock-bottom prices.

By the way, these speaker companys are legitimate companys, these are not black market products, they just are manufactured overseas. They cannot get arrested for it, they have not done anything wrong.

Oh, and no, I dont work for them.

Hey Kaffine- I do not see the brands of speakers that are bought out of the back of a white van at circuit city, best buy, or magnolia hi-fi, so I would have to say that they are black market speakers and you are just not understanding that. And as far as the statement about not having 3k to spend on a HT system that is most people. That is why their are brands like Pioneer, Sony, Yamaha, DCM, MTX, Cerwin Vega, JBL, and so on, take your pick. I just think that people that buy things on the sly tend to be supporting criminal activity. If those same speaker companies sold their speakers out of a shop they would continually be replacing their windows.

Just because something isnt sold in a prominent store doesn't make it a black market item. The black market refers to illegal items, and these are legitmate. I bet they sound like crap, but they arent doing anything wrong legally.

I would also like to know why you listed those brand specifially, in fact, I hear that Yamaha makes awesome receivers, as does Pioneer. And JBL is not some company for cheap people, JBL is awesome, and they produce some incredible speakers. You make it sound like these companys are crap, just because you can spend 10k or whatever on a system. I didn't spend a lot for my system, in fact, I didnt even spend $400. I got myself a very nice DVD-A player on Ebay(Kenwood DV-4070B), a decent receiver(Kenwood VR-407) and a pair of KLH M365T's which I am extremely pleased with for their price.

As far as supporting criminal activity, there is no criminal activity here, and generalizing that just because someone doesn't have a lot of money means that they will support it is just BS. And about selling them in a shop...Why doesnt Bose have broken windows?

Hey Kaffine- I was simply saying that the brands listed were of great quality that were with a lower price tag. I would be either rich or a fool to spend 10k on a stereo system. I spent under 1k on mine and it sounds great and fits all my needs. Those KLH speakers that you bought are crap also, that company was bought out in the late eighties buy another company and ever since they have been using cheaply made drivers & crossovers. The statement about Bose made no sense at all. The fact of the matter is that you are a brain fried, designer drug accident. So learn something about audio and then come back punk!

Yuri
If you don't like to read this than don't!
Please let people get the info they want, that is the whole reason for this board.
Don't go around calling people morons.

Anonymous
I agree Yuri and Kaffine. Thanks. I'm glad I read the posts about the white van b/c I was approached a year ago. Who knows...I may have bought them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us