Cerwin-Vega 280SE

Username: Combs54

Post Number: 1
My 12" subs in my dad's vega 280SE's are destroyed from moving and I want replace them. What would the best replacement be for these subs? I contacted CV by email but they said they are having manufacturing issues and it would be best to find another company. I appreciate your guy's input.
CV 280SE: 155 watts, 117 dB, 6 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 158
That doesn't sound like very good customer service to me. You should email them back or contact by phone (might be a better idea) and ask what they recommend, as just throwing any woofer in there isn't going to work very well. If they can't give you any recommendation on an actual part, ask for T/S parameters, and try to find something on Parts-Express or Madisound that meets those specifications. In any case, customer service that tells you to look elsewhere without any information on what to look for leaves a lot to be desired.

Also be sure to check Craigslist, eBay, etc. You could probably find the actual parts (or a full set of speakers) easily.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1216
It is possible to have them reconed. Also, if it is just the surrounds, the soft rubbery or foam ring....they, too can be replaced.

'Destroyed' covers a lot of ground.

Destroyed, to me, would be the cone separated from the speaker, leaving a little curly-q of voice coil wire.

Post Number: 2
yea I think I might be able to save one but the other one is trashed. I figured if I was gunna have to replace one with something else then I should probably replace both of them

Post Number: 5
I found a woofer out of a MX250 on ebay, I wonder if this would be any different than the woofer out of the 280se. The one woofer I have out of the 280 SE is a W121-4. Anyone have any knowledge of this stuff?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us