Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14973
not hardly, cept the 1.7's and the Oppo

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12617
Even though I like the Oppo and the 1.7's, I wouldn't have chosen any of them. That's why he gets the big bucks...!

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 637
Haven't heard any of those items. The closest is my CA 650BD, which is similar to the Oppo, but then again isn't. I should compare it to my Exposure player, but I think it would lose. I guess it's a bargain if you want a universal player and you can get more than just CD playback out of it (which itself is better than other universals). The 650BD is definitely a better player than my old Marantz and Arcam universal players were.

Will be listening to the Dynaudio Excite series in the next three or four weeks. Looking forward to it.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3875
I just ordered an Ikea Lack. They had me at "ABS plastic".

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3208
The Sony is quite a good tuner, I'm not sold on HD Radio yet, but it's FM sensitivity is really good.

I've not heard the Grado SR60i, but I've heard the SR60, and they were very good, but I'd fork over an extra $20 for a pair of Alessandro MS1i (also made by Grado).

I've heard the Magnepans, and they are what they are, not for everyone, but will satisfy some...Paraplegics come to mind, and perhaps Yogis.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12620
I may try the Ikea Lack at some time in the future.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3811
The Ikea Lack sounds stupid, but its actually very well respected by a lot of people, especially the Naim crowd. I've got a Lack coffee table (cost $12) that I've set everything on at one point or another. The turntable did very well on it, as did my Apollo. I was actually surprised that it made the difference it did with my Apollo. I don't have anything on it now, as room layout, protecting my gear and aesthetics make it not worth leaving my gear on it.

Some of the Naim guys have cut and bolted Lack end tables together to form 3 or 4 shelf stands. If these guys can afford the high end Naim gear and they're using a couple of $7 end tables, that tells you something.

There's far better gear for the cash than the majority of what's listed IMO. Then again, ask 100 people, and you'll probably get 100 different lists.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3877
Interesting Stu. I guess it threw me off being listed in the same group as a HTIB.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1152
Mags associated w/paraplegics and Yogis?
You're gonna have to 'splain THAT one to me!

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3209
The Mags have a sweet-spot the size of a nickle, so be ready to sit still for extended periods of time if you plan on enjoying them...and don't invite any friends over unless you like playing musical chairs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us