Jamo C 809 NEEDS AMPLIFIER

Username: Kaesark

Post Number: 1
Hi Folks, Need some help with what Amp to match to my new Jamo c 809 speakers. These are for music only so was thinking of a 2 Chanel Receiver only. Any ideas welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 441
What's your budget?

Username: Kaesark

Post Number: 2
Hard to give a budget as I would need to convert $US, I was thinking more from a technical point what would be the starting point in an amplifier. Brand, Wattage etc. I was thinking Marantz or Yamaha.
Your thoughts.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14956
Where is jamo in distributing and representation?
By most accounts, they are very good value product, and a strong performer.
I cannot find a dealer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
The Jamo C809 require a high quality power supply/curent. The C809 will drop as low as 2ohm for frequencies.

Something like the Parasound Halo A21 is ideal.

You may want to consider a seperate amp and preamp for the C809. Makes a difference, in my opinion.

The McIntosh MC252 amp

Parasound Halo A21

Van Alstine Fet Valve Ultra+ 550

Van Alstine Fet Valve Ultra+ 350

Van Alstine Insight+ 260H

Emotiva XPA-2

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
Nuck, their distribution and representation is all screwed up right now.

I've had a few conversations with two guys at Jamo/Klipsch here in America and I also spoke with the regional rep for the south.

They're going through a restructoring. It's probably going to take another year or two before Kilpsch/Jamo reorganizes everything.

I'm guessing that they'll have it straightened out for Jamo's next big introduction of new speaker series and models. Haven't heard anything definitive about new ones, yet. But I did hear a whisper that Jamo will be introducing new series and models in either very late 2010 or spring 2011.

And Klipsch/Jamo is hoping to get their North American distribution all squared away, before that happens.

We'll see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us