MA-RS 6 vs Jamo-C809

Username: Cooleyes24

Post Number: 1
Guys,

What do you guys think I should get. I listen to music most of the time, about 80% and 20% movies. From what I've researched, the Jamo is excellent for music, but I've heard good things about the MA as well. I listen to a variety of music: pop, jazz, international, acoustic. I'm looking for transparency and uncolored sound, but I do like music as a whole.

I'm opened to other suggestion as well. My budget is within $1,500. All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12525
We have folks who have owned both lines here and hopefully they will respond and give you some info

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 617
I had the MA RS5 for a little while, which I liked quite a lot but ultimately found the highs too overpowering. I haven't heard the new RX line but I've read comments from various folks online that MA allevitated this issue to some degree.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14918
What will you power the stereo speakers with?

Post Number: 2
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX 23THX. Not the best one but it should do for now

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14919
yes, it will.
I like the Elite with MA speakers, but have not heard the Yamo.
The MA are easy to drive, so not an issue with receiver power or load.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3815
I've heard the MA's driven by an Elite many times (my friend has this setup). I find it too bright. You have to be very careful what you use to drive the RS line, since like Dan said, the highs can be overpowering.

Gold Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1130
Could be the type / model of Elite of receiver.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your inputs guys.

How about PSB Image T65 or Axiom M5 V2 pairing with the Pioneer Elite vs. MA-RS6?

Thanks again

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14927
never heard the axiom M5, but if it uses the same tweeter phiosophy as previous models, they nearly blinded me.

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 618
My experience with PSB is about a 5 minute listen through a Marantz amp a long time ago, but it was pretty sweet sounding. People will correct me if I'm wrong, but PSB is a pretty neutral speaker, maybe slightly on the warm side. You may want to try listening to both the MA and PSB to get a feel for which presentation you prefer.

Username: Cooleyes

Post Number: 3
@Nuck, I assume the Axiom M5 was too bright then?

Thanks for all the inputs guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us