WARM RECEIVER/SPEAKERS - Help!

Username: Jeffc

Post Number: 1
I need a new a/v receiver and speakers. Will only be able to afford 2 speakers for now I think. I have a big room to fill, about 18' x 25' with 12' ceilings, lots of glass and concrete floors. Tons of echo. I have about $2000 to spend for both. I don't mind used or buying over the internet.

I need a very warm sound. I've listened to QEF Q5/7 and Monitor S6 & S8, and Boston Acoustic VRM90 in stores. It's seems hard to tell in a sound room, tried both sets with a Denon receiver (2805 and 3805).

I live in a small town, so auditioning in my house is not easy.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I know there are also surround sets from some such KEF, Monitor, Pardigm. Has anyone listened to these?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 471
I think you will find the MA's to be a better match with H/K ,Elite or Marantz than Denon. If you want to go really warm try any of those receivers with Paradigm or PSB but that's a bit dull sounding IMO. For $2000 or so I would go with the MA Silver 6 paired with a Elite vsx53 or the Marantz 7400. Both great combinations. After proper break-in the MA's smooth out considerably.

Username: Pmc

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 1
I have a dvd pioneer 565 and acoustic energy aego 5, and I was looking for a a/v receiver, and I would like an opinion what was the best for the aego 5, the Marantz sr 5300 or Marantz sr 4400
Is true that Cambridge Audio azur 540R, have had same problems ? (there is no Rep. Tec. in Portugal)

And is possible to connect my turntable and have a decent sound? Or stay with my audiolab 8000A and my Monitor audio to listening to the vinyl records?

Unregistered guest
Elitefan

I auditioned Monitor Audio S8s with an NAD and they sounded very good, though a bit forward. You have talked about the MAs being a good match with Marantz, did u ever compare the marantz to NAD and which do u think is better? I like warm , detailed music. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us