Help me ..please JENSEN XA 1120 AMP

Username: Mini_t_dude

Post Number: 2
I just purchased a jensen XA 1120 amp and i have it in my home system hooked up to a rv battery but whenever i hook the battery up the power light doesnt come on and theres no power going into it. I checked all the wires and they were fine but near the back where i hooked up the battery it says between the +12v and the Gnd for ground it says RMT which i think is for a remote and when i researched it i think it should have a remote but im not quite sure, so can someone please help?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1024
yes that is a remote turn on cable. It is connected to your head unit to "remotely" turn it on when the head unit powers up.

Post Number: 3
well its hooked up to my home system which actuall where the white and red cables come out of my dvd played are plugged into it so how would i connect that remote thing to it to make it power on.

Post Number: 4
If there was a wire there going into my car stereo then where would i connect it to the car stereo

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 36
In a car set-up that remote terminal receives power when the key is switched on. What you have to do is connect it to the positive terminal of the battery. You could add some sort of switch or disconnect to turn the amp off when not in use.

Post Number: 5
Thanks that really helped me. It actually works now. Thanks again

tEnsor
Unregistered guest
So I can just run both the hot wire, and the remote to the positive wire on the battery. Then run the ground to the battery ground also? Or does it need to be a body ground?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1224
body ground is safer, plus you don't have to run a long length of wire which can introduce noise.

tEnsor
Unregistered guest
Ty berny. This is the 1st amp that I've ever owned. I bought it off of a friend. there's no instructions on it how to hook it up. I have the power, grnd, and remote hooked up fine. Now i have to hook up the speakers. There's 4 jacks on the amp. Their labled A-CH, B-CH, C-CH, and D-CH. Which ones are for the speaker input, and which is the output? I been lookin on the net, but to no advail. So your the only site that will help. thank you

tEnsor
Unregistered guest
I also bought a toggle switch to run the amp. next question is how do i run it? Its got 3 prongs ( it's a lighted one ). 1 is for power, middle one is for acc ( think the light ) the 3rd is the ground. I'm pretty sure i need to run the remote wire through the toggle switch for the power. Do i run the remote from the stero to the power, then the remote for the amp to the acc.?

Unregistered guest
What u do is hook up the 12 volt+ from the amp into the 12+ on the switch then u hook up the 12- to the 12- on the switch and then the battery wire negatie goes into the switch 12- and then hook up the battery+ to the part on the switch marked acc.

Unregistered guest
Ok. That's all fine all fine and well, but what if you're doing a car stereo installation (off tpoic, I know), and the head unit is lacking a remote wire. Should I link the remote in with the ACC (I assume this means accessories), or do I have to find the ignition wire from where the key goes in.

Unregistered guest
can sumbody please tell me were i should put the ground from a car amp to a home stero on the back of my stero it sais ground do i put it there

Username: Francois

Post Number: 1
i hav bought a 2000 watt clarion amplifer 4time 500wattz and im only 14 years old so i jad to save up alot lol if you could help me that would b sweet
i put the 12+v to the negative termanial of a car battery and the gnd to the positive can someone tell me were io can put the remote and if the setup soundz good so far
thankz alot

francois.

bigal
Unregistered guest
Gnd = NEGATIVE
+12V = POSITIVE
RMT = POSITIVE switched

Post Number: 2
thx alot m8

Post Number: 3
hey iz it aiiright if i put ma amp screwed on the sub box i made it ma self n it out of wood

luis franco
Unregistered guest
how much power should the rmt wire have?

luis franco
Unregistered guest
my amp won't turn on i think my antenna lead dosen't have any power what should i do?

Post Number: 5
this is fore luis franco there is the rmt, 12v wolt and gnd .the gnd should be hooked up to the negative side of the battery but to have a short circuit of more power runnnig u hook it up were it has a screw and a nut or something metal leading to the bottom of the car , the 12v should b hooked up to the positve side of the car battery

the remote wire is the switch on wire it should be hooked up to yuor head-unit on the tag werre it says remote so when your head unit turnz on the amp should turn on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us