Trying to hook up my HD tv to my Stereo

Username: Qdee1978

Post Number: 1
I am trying to hook up my Panasonic HD tv to my Sony LBT-D550 stereo with no success and I am beyond frustrated. The stereo is older so I have the regular cables. PLEASE HELP!!! Any input would be great!!!

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 891
The TV should have 'audio out' RCAs.....one jack will be red, the other white. They will be in pairs and so marked.

Some sets have 'fixed' level in which the TV vol control has no effect and also variable, in which the TV vol control has full effect. Your set should have at least one, maybe both sets. I really doubt these would be omitted on a modern set.

When I was in that boat, I used the 'fixed' so I didn't have to mess with 2 vol controls.

Take some RCA cables from either of those outputs to any same color inputs on the receiver except those labeled 'phono'. The input may be labeled 'CD' or 'AUX' . either will do.

Turn everything off when making or breaking connections. Have the vol control at or near minimum when firing it back up. Zapping noises can mean trouble.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1109
Greetings Dana,

Leo is certainly correct in everything he is saying and may well have fixed your problem but I would like to add another idea if I may. That being digital vs analog audio. If you are using, for example, a cable box and running HDMI to the TV then trying to take analog audio out of the TV it may not work. If this is the case try taking the audio out of the cable box instead of the TV. If you are using an antenna or cable straight out of the wall we may have to get creative with an old VCR. Please let us know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us