How to Connect My RCA Input Sub To My Receiver!!

Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 4
I have a receiver with only right and left speaker wire ouputs. I already own a sub that connects through an RCA cable, not speaker wire. My receiver is not a surround sound receiver. I have 3 RCA inputs plugged into the receiver. I am very confused on how to connect the three inputs to the sub and the receiver. Any Suggestions?

dsent
Unregistered guest
Have you tried connecting your sub to the Tape "record-out" jack on your receiver? Audio is usually present at this point from whatever source your receiver is switched to. Since you probably have a single RCA connection to your sub, you will have to choose left or right, but at least will get some of the bass from your system. You may try a RCA Y cable to essentially illegally combine the left and right channels, although it is not the proper way to do it, you may find it works. Line out jacks are usually highly resistive and you can cheat by doing this, without shorting out your receiver. Your sub should have a low pass network that will remove all but the bass frequencies from your source. Best of luck. (you should consider an upgrade to a surround receiver)

Username: Skial123

Littleton, Colorado USA

Post Number: 10
That's definetly a possibility. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us