Denon 3805

Unregistered guest
This is an excellent receiver. We used it to upgrade our denon 2803 and a 2900 dvd player to upgrade the NAD 550. This is in a 5.1 setup with zone2 powering 2 outside speakers. For 5.1 this amp has a great amount of power (Its also nice to have an receiver work when previously we went through 8 NAD defect receiver.)

Now onto the point of this thread: the remote control. I really like this remote and its layout however. I found it somewhat annoying when programming difficult remotes as it would crash and freeze for 30 secs at a time. Thats not too bigger problem considering the advantage of having a touchscreen style remote (I know its technically not true touchscreen.)

Now, this remote would be excellent if its build quality matched the receiver. Within 3 hours area of the backlit display are were not working such as one function selector, the source power light with the border and now all the source selector lights and various other random buttons. We are getting a new remote, however fearing this will be an ongoing problem how many other people with the 3805 have a similar problem. I've seen a couple of other defects on the net but I'm hopin they are just one off cases. We're slightly paranoid atm after going through 8 NAD defect receivers just over a year ago.

Thanks
Adam

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 327
The 3805 really seems to be a great product. If it would have a firewire instead of the crappy D-link it would be almost perfect for the price.
Did you bi-amp the fronts with the surround-back amps?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 329
Indeed just almost perfect:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=fc6aedff9b2a809fa56867a01c1b1436 &threadid=418551

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 461
I am interested to know from anyone who has experience if the 3805 sounds like the 3803 or is it improved, especially in the upper frequencies. The 3803 was very bright and to my ears unlistenable so is the 3805 similar or has it been "mellowed out" at all.

Adam P
Unregistered guest
Hi,
New remote was issued. No issues as of yet. The new remote backlight seems "bluer." According to our installer the remotes are made by pioneer who have been made aware of and fixed the defect. Seems to be a great receiver.

Auto setup didnt work very well - probably because of a curved wall on one side windo on the other and some open spaces. Not really a problem though as the setup was done manually.

Adam
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us