A Great Night Of Music

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2952
I had a great experience on Saturday night - went to a jam session at a good ol' friend's place (Brian) in a small town half way between the Coast and Brisbane. While it was good fun jamming with this gang, the great experience was watching and listening to a guy called Des who grew up in this town (as I did in my high school years) and took up guitar when he was about twelve. He's a few years younger than I, he remembered me, but although he looked familiar, I could not recall him.

Anyway, let me tell you this - and I am not exaggerating - he is as good on the guitar as the best I have seen or heard anywhere. A friend of Brian's brought her record producer along with her (she has ambitions) and he once played in a Deep Purple copy band and even he was gobsmacked by Des, who incidently, runs a auto mechanical business by day. He did it all, from Jimmy Page to Clapton to Hendrix and so on. Without a word of a lie, he is the best guitarist I've ever witnessed. He had, until recently, had a band who played at a few local events and gigs. He also sings well and why he hadn't made it to the world stage is beyond me. There must be much untapped talent out there!

This is Des, I only wish we had a video:

Upload

This next guy, Gus, whom I'd met there was also very good. The producer guy is on bass, filling while the bassist had a break:

Upload

My good friend Brian on drums, he's only been playing for about 4 years and he excelled himself this night.

Upload

And finally yours truly on the left playing my Maton (you get to see just a bit)

Upload

This was not only a fun filled night, but a also great musical experience that I thought I'd share.

Feel free to add similar or other musical experiences of yours here.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 12202
Excellent, MR! Thanks for sharing what must have been a great evening.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14618
What a great time MR!
Thanks for the pics.

Gold Member

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2966
Des's playing prompted me to get wah and delay pedals to play around with. I only had an overdrive/distortion pedal. The wah (a cheap second hand Behringe Hell Babe) sounds just great, I'm still waiting for the delay. I guess if I practice every day for the next twenty years I'll be somewhere near this guy's talent vincinity - about ten blocks - except I'll probably have arthritis, deafness and dementia by then! Oh well, it's having fun is what counts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14631
Pedals are dirt cheap, MR.
circuits are interchangeable as well, save on hardware.

Gold Member

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2967
Yep, I won't pay for overpriced ones.

Silver Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 140
Someone say pedals? http://www.flickr.com/photos/53112659@N00/109076700

Gear tour here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HbKW4zThNs

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14633
Fun stuff! Thanks Freddie.

Gold Member

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2969
Any more than three or four pedals and I'd be confused. In fact, I'm confused enough as it is. Thanks Freddie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us