Need help to setup the HK AVR520

Username: Vashsiu

Post Number: 2
Hi there, I want to know how to set up the AVR520 with a DVD player with digital audio out and simultaneously output the sound from my mackie mixer(I am using the mackie mixer as a mic input unit)?

my setup

Dvd player with digital out
HK AVR520
Mackie mixer DFX12 with analog in/out

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 945
you have to use the analog output of the dvd player to your mixer as it will not accept digital inputs.

Use the digital output of your dvd player to connect to the digital input of the receiver.

set-up the dvd player to output both digital and analog.

check manual.

Post Number: 3
my dvd player is not able to output digital and analog at the same time

Silver Member

Post Number: 950
there's your answer.

Post Number: 4
I am sorry, I dont' understand, u mean I have to switch back and forth between digital and analog everytime I need to use the mixer?

Silver Member

Post Number: 951
it would seem the case, only because your mixer does not accept digital signals. Are you using a power amp hooked up to your mixer besides the receiver?

Post Number: 5
no, the receiver is the only thing i use

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
I haven't really done much research on digital to analog convertors for mass market, but what you can do is set the dvd player to digital output. Use a y splitter on the digital jack, one going to the receiver and the other going to a converter then to your analog mixer.

Or you can connect the DVD player to your receiver via digital then use the analog output of the receiver (such as REC OUT)to connect to your mixer. But I'm figuring you are trying to mix the dvd with another source? In which case it is moot.

Post Number: 6
yea, thats what I am trying to do, but I guess the first solution you gave me is good enough for now, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us