Paradigm monitor 90p or definitive technology bp7002?

Bronze Member
Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 11
I am torn big time between these two speakers for my marantz receiver. Please send any opinions or facts that you know of between these two speakers. They both sounded great at audition. Anything would help. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 457
The Def Techs are a better match with your Marantz IMO. I like Paradigm's but they are better when paired with a livelier unit that the Marantz. Def Techs are a great match and should serve you well.

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 158
The Paradigm 90P has a built in amplifier of 175 watts and the DefTech 300 watts. Are you going to dump the output of your Marantz into either of those speakers? I'd think that over just a bit.
Keep in mind the Paradigms are conventional front firing and the DefTechs have two 12" woofer panels with front, side and rear firing drivers. They will have different sounds. I auditioned the larger DefTech 7000 recently and the midrange was silky smooth, the highs were much better than average (but not awesome) and the bass could reproduce even thunderous levels in the largest of rooms.
The Paradigm Monitors are more 'civilized' and don't do the holographic thing. The deftechs get the nod for price, power and no cabinet veneers are available. The P90's by comparison, are a tad more pricey, but I find most of the Paradigm Monitor series to have many redeeming virtues.
I'd attempt in-home auditions under any circumstances.

Bronze Member
Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 12
Thanks, Have been leaning towards the Def Techs for my 70's rock and 80's hair metal music. I have had good luck with paradigm that's why nervous to change. I think for the music I like to hear the Highs of the cymbl and the Mid of a guitar, and the thunder of the kick drum the Def Techs will fill my purpose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us