Getting back to where i was 25 years ago

Bronze Member
Username: Smokemonster

Post Number: 47
hi, im in my 50's now so im new into turntables.(we used to call them record players) but now with all the new technology i would like to get back to those past times when all i had was records. its been 25 years since i had a turntable. or even owned a record. so i was looking around and i couln't belive how expensive they are. either i could buy one thats made for converting to mp3's. or high end. i would like something thats pretty solid. and sounds very good. but i don't want to break the bank for something that might not pan out for me. any ideas?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14500
SM, hit the market for a Rega P3 or similar. Most have a Grado cartridge as stock and works pretty well.
What do you have for a phono stage?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3638
Before we make any recommendations, what's your budget? Now to contradict myself, Pro-Ject and Rega make great decks at a few different price points that are very hard to beat.

If the table comes with or without a cartridge, and if you have or need a phono stage helps keep the budget into prespective. Not surprisingly, both aforementioned companies also make a few different phono stages (phono pre-amps) at different pricepoints.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us