Best amp under $2000 Australian (+ some speaker questions)

Username: Timbo

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, hoping somebody can help out a bit of a novice here!

I am in the market for a new surround Amp. So far i have been looking at items such as the Onkyo 701 and the Marantz 7300 OSE, and am impressed by both. I am still trying to track down a dealer with both of these amps so i can listen back-to-back so i can get a clearer picture of what sounds better to me.

Can anybody provide any feedback on these two amps and anytihng else that is in this price bracket that is worth a look and listen?

In addition (this maybe the wrong place to ask it but anyway...) i am also looking at a set of rear and centre speakers, plus a sub.

At the moment i have a pair of B&W v202's (a few years old now). These still sound great so i was thinking hanging onto them as my fronts, and just buying the rest around them. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the new B&W range and they seem OK, but again, i havent trialed anything else back to back with them. They do seem pretty pricy though. I would like to keep my speaker bill under $2000Aus for all of these if i can, but i am flexible. Can anybody reccomend a good combination for me? This system will be used for probably a 50/50 combination of DVD watching and music (maainly electronic music - so bass is essential).

The room that they will be put into is not huge (just a normal loungeroom size)

Any and all feedback would be really really appreciated.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
You might take a look at the Arcam AVR300...Really nice sounding
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us