Sonus Faber

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 396
I'm going to audition some Sonus Faber (as well as the Acoustic Zen Adagio) speakers over the next several weeks, starting off with the Toy Towers.

I would like to audition a few models from Sonus Faber.

I'm looking for something that's a on the warm side, very musical and smooth.

Of course I want nice detail, but as you folks know, I'm not into analytical sounding gear and speakers.

Does Sonus Faber still make speakers in the way I described, up above?

If so, which models? What models both past and current do you suggest?

Have they changed their voicing/sound, in their current models?

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11869
I last heard Sonus Faber at Magnolia in Portland and can't say that the setup was good at all. The way I understand it is that Sonus has moved away from a warmer sound to what they believe is a more neutral sound (so the salesman said). They certainly weren't warm and fuzzy like the Vienna Acoustics speakers, however I would hope that you don't want that kind of blurring of detail. As with the Acoustic Zen speakers, I wasn't listening critically last time I heard the Sonus Fabers. I was actually at Magnolia to buy a REL sub and thought I would do a little listening as well. Will be interested in your impressions.

Username: Casey_sdsu

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 1
Sonus Faber used to be an amazing speaker, and still do a pretty good job. However, the fact is they are not he same speaker we all fell in love with.

Check out monitor audio gold series you will be amazed.

http://www.monitoraudiousa.com

Casey
http://www.advanceddigitalhomes.com

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 64
Hi
Any Comparison between a Jamo D 870 and Sonus Faber Concerto Domus Floor standers. I am Planning to buy one of these for my cousin who is having a Bryston 3Bsst and BP 25 pre amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us