TCC TC-400G/L Phono Preamp [Help ; not working!]

Username: Luccafb

Post Number: 1
Hi people, I need some help.
I've got a Tecnics SL-1200 turntable, but my reciever doen't have a Phono entry.
I've bought a TCC TC-400G/L Phono Preamp, but it doesn't seem to work, or maybe i'm doing something wrong.
Here's how i've set it: Hooked the RCA cables and the Phono ground wire from the turntable to the IN part of the pre-amp, and the RCAs of the OUT part to my Stereo. I get a loud sound, yet, inclear, very noisy, terreble! If I unhook the Phono wire from the pre-amp, the sound is exactly the same.

What am I doing wrong?
(Sorry for the bad english)
Thanks in advance
-Here's a pic of the pre-amp:
[img]http://www.phonopreamps.com/images/tc400g500.jpg[/img]

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14401

http://www.phonopreamps.com/tc400pp.html

I assume when you say, " If I unhook the Phono wire from the pre-amp, the sound is exactly the same", you are meaning when you disconnect the ground wire?

To which input on your stereo have you connected the "out" of the phono preamp? What "stereo" do you own? Do you have any idea what model phono cartridge you own? Have you ever heard this turntable and cartridge play as it should?

Username: Luccafb

Post Number: 2
Yes, I mean when I disconnect the ground wire.
I'm connecting the "out" RCAs to the Aux input on my stereo, wich is a Panasonic 5CD changer, not sure about the exact model.

I have a Ortophon OM S Nighclub cartridge

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14402

The pre amp should work with your stereo as it is connected. My first suspicion would be a broken stylus on the cartidge. You did not answer my question about whether you've ever heard this table play a record well.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us