Yamaha RX-V1400 YPAO and Energy Take 5.2 speaker setting questions

Username: Geodon005

Mount Prospect, Illinois

Post Number: 1
I just bought the RX-V1400 and have been enjoying it, but have some questions about speaker sizing. The YPAO setup always sets my front speakers to Large (leaving all others at Small), even though they are a matched set. However, Energy's own manual indicates that the speakers should be set at Large. Should I leave it at the YPAO setting, or manually set the size to Small?

Also, YPAO adjusts the subwoofer output to Both, rather than to Subwoofer alone. Again, which setting would you advise?

Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 314
It would be better to set your mains to small. They cant play low sounds so it's useless to feed them with those.

Does both mean that it plays the LFE and the lows from other speakers? If yes, then the both-setting is good.

Username: Geodon005

Mount Prospect, Illinois

Post Number: 2
Landroval:

Actually, the Both setting means that bass is played by the subwoofer as well as all other speakers. If I read your response right, you are saying that my speakers should be set to ONLY play LFE and lows through the subwoofer, right?

Thanks for clarifying. . .

Don

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 315
Yes, it would be better to play the lows only through the sub. This way the speakers wont have to try to play the low frequencies and they can better manage with the mids and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us