Struggling with home theatre connections - help please

Username: Dannimmo

Post Number: 6
ok. so here is the deal.
I have an onkyo av/receiver with 5 hdmi inputs and one hdmi output on it. I have a playstation 3 a samsung series 4 HD plasma and a satelite pay tv box with only red,white,yellow composite connections.
i also have free to air tv via an aerial.

connections so far:
So far i have a red,white and yellow composite running from the out on the satelite box to the in on the receiver.
I have a hdmi cable running from the playstation to the game/tv hdmi input on the receiver.
I then have a hdmi cable running from the hdmi-out on the receiver to the hdmi-in on the tv and an optical audio cable running from the tv to the game/tv optical port on the receiver.
The aerial is also connnected to the tv.

So heres the problem. Just when i thought i had it under control, the playstation fails to produce any picture??? obviously something here is wrong.....Any ideas?
thanks Dan

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 973
Greetings Dan,

If the Playstation is the only thing giving you trouble it is likely to be an input setting on your Onkyo receiver. The Onkyo needs to know to look for a digital signal on the HDMI input.

Bronze Member
Username: Chriswild87

Holden, MA

Post Number: 51
you may also want to try resetting the display setting on the PS3. Holding the power button for six seconds while the PS3 is in stand by mode should do it and revert the picture back to 480i and then you can readjust from there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us