HELP- I need to find the right speaker. Please help with some ideas.

Hello,
I am trying to find a wall-mountable speaker that gets response down to about 50Hz. I am connecting them to an old Marantz SR1000 Stereophonic Reciever from about 1980. It is definately a high-impeadance unit. I would like to know whether a 4ohm speaker like the Polk Lsi7 would be ok or if an 8ohm speaker would be better (the Marantz does make good power, but i fear it is not enough). Wall-Mountable is necessary. I know there are many bookshelf speakers that meet my requirements but do not come with brackets or screw holes to fix brackets to. Are there any reliable ways around this that do not affect the sound of the speaker? I have seen various wall-mount devices for this, but they actually touch the cabinet of the speaker. Will this matter?

Hawk
Russ:

For your receiver, and given the need to wall mount them, check out the NHT SB-3 speaker, which has a frequency response down to 38 Hz, and have a built in bracket to accept an Omni-Mount wall bracket. Great sounding speaker which should work well with your marantz, too.

Russ M.
Thanks, i had leaned toward those myself, but i had overlooked whether they could accept a bracket. If i had realized that 2 weeks ago I would have saved myself alot of trouble.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us