Hello from NewB Help with Kenwood VR-505

Username: N2vwx

Post Number: 1
Hi all. Glad to have found the group here. I have a Kenwood VR-505 that has some funny issues with the volume. When first turned on the volume may turn up very loud. Or it may not turn up at all. It seems to depend on where I leave it before turning it off. If its turned all the way down and the powered off, upon turning it back on the volume may turn up a bit when the knob is first turned and then again at -20dB. Anyone have a simular issue? Better, has anyone ever repaired this issue? Would there be a better place for this question? Thanks all and have a great one!

Post Number: 2
Oh, I found the info here on the IR sensor repair and did that last night. All three leads had cracked/bad solder joints. Thanks for that too although with the volume issue its a bit mute. (sorry!) :-)

Post Number: 3
Anyone? I know this is an outdated unit and it is not my home system unit either. I have a nice sony (that's also a bit old now but still very suited to my needs). I'd like to get this one working to use in my office with the computer and what not. Would anyone happen to have a service manual? Thanks again. Walt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us