Surround Speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3462
My family has spent A LOT of time over the holidays watching movies and I was actually kicking around the idea of getting some surround speakers for my HT system. Right now I'm using my Atoms for rear speaker duty but I'd like to move these up to my son's room for a half decent system for him.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14291

Buy your son a new pair of Atoms and leave your pair where they are.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3463
Ya think? How come Jan?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14292

I assume you can live with the Atoms as surrounds and your son gets a better speaker than if you gave him your old set.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3465
I can live with the Atoms for sure. Just wondering if we might notice more surround effects with the dispersion of surround speaker.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14293

Don't know, if you're talking about something like a bipole/dipole configuration, it depends on your material and the amount of flexibility you have in mounting location. Otherwise, the Atom has very good dispersion for a monopole system.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3466
My mounting options are limited. I have an open concept main floor (back split) so the room is open on one side. The surrounds would have to be mounted on the back wall behind the couch.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14294

Better to stick with a monopole. Dipoles/bipoles sound best for surround use when mounted on the side walls behind your listening position.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us