LP to MP3 programs

Username: Motherheavy

SOUTH CAROLINA

Post Number: 8
Are there certain LP to MP3 software programs that are better than others?

Some come packaged with turntables that have USB connectors to plug directly into the computer and others are sold as stand alone.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the one that is sold by "DAK2000". That company has been around as either DAK2000 or DAK for many years. It is supposed to have you plug your turntable into it via the RCA plugs and then you plug the other end into your sound card which is different than the USB connector ones.

I have another thread regarding a buzz that seems to be isolated to the turntable I am using so I don't know whether to get a turntable with the USB connector and software or hope the turntable is fine and go with something like the DAK2000.

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 676
Hi David. Did you see the old posts where I tried to burn LPs to a computer?
The DAC worked great but I never figured out the software, Audacity, which was alleged to be the best is horrible. I gave up.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/582751.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/570975.html

Bronze Member
Username: Motherheavy

SOUTH CAROLINA

Post Number: 14
Thanks (Kevin) for the message. I do not think I did see the earlier postings about this subject. Although I probably have more of a 'mid-fi' or 'lo-fi' collection of audio gear that is probably what I am going to be stuck with to transfer the vinyl to mp3. My main reason is that right now my albums are in storage boxes and I do not have the room to display them and actually play them. Whether I keep the albums after I do the transferring I can't say. I've looked at some of the audio computer programs out there (including Audacity) but none really seem to earn stellar remarks from everyone who posts something. I do already have one program that does have some noise reduction options but I am not sure that it would do a good enough job. It seems that a lot of the programs not only remove or reduce those nasty pops & clicks but they also trim away fidelity from the rest of the music as well. I had a shareware version of Cool Edit but I never did anything with it and then it was bought out by another company who sells their own program but it is more than I can afford. Supposedly the Cool Edit would remove those pops & clicks but not affect the other stuff. Some demos that I checked out did truly sound good. This program you get with the ADC box from DAK also seems to do a good job but I am a little hesitant because I have not read any reviews for the DAK product.

Basically I am stuck with little cash and a boatload of vinyl that I want to turn into mp3 or CD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us