Need help choosing speaker for front and karaoke

I made a mistake a purchase an Sony 454 and KLH combo theatre system. Now I'm getting rid of all that and starting over. I'm on a budget so my plan is to pick up a Harmon kardon 125 as my reciever.

I need to pick up a set of speakers for both purpose as far as movies as well as singing karaoke. My really old crappy kenwood tower speakers sounds like crap. I need something that would play live vocal clearly as well as playing music notes just as good.

My 2nd option is to use the preamp output on the HK125 and hook it up to a 2nd amp running vocal on 1 set of speakers like a set of Polk RTI38 and buying satelite speakers, sub and a center speaker for my 5.1 and playing music. I'm on a budget not trying to spend 2 much. I can probably do about 300-400 on complete set of speakers.

Berny
First get a decent microphone if you are doing a lot of karaoke and stay away from micro systems as far as speaker go, it makes a lot difference if you do a lot of singing. You may have an excellent set of speakers but if your microphone is crappy, it will still sound crappy.
spend your money on a good set of main speakers, because surround sound is not too good on karaoke.
cheers

VuDoo
I just picked up a set of sony wireless microphone already. Sounds excelent. Very accurate. I only need speakers now.

Berny
what's your budget?

Berny
oops, sorry, I should have read that 300-400. For that amount, I honestly think you should get main speakers and add on the surround speaker later.
These will be great for your karaoke and HT needs
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=MIRFRX5BL

I heard them before and they sound great with karaoke.
Let me know what you decide on
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us