Canadian speaker choice

SteveP
I'm looking to purchase a pair of tower speakers for both music and HT use. Max budget is around $600US. From looking at reviews here and elsewhere, several Canadian speakers seem to be good possibilities. The options and prices are -- Energy e:XL26 for $450, PSB Image5T for $589, or Fluance SV10 at $350.
Anybody have a good feeling about the best choice among these? Or about a better option?

Derek
Don't forget Paradigm...

SteveP
Axiom M40 or M50 woul also seem to be good potential options in the price range. Decisions, decisions..

Berny
Steve,
Go to Axiom's website where the have factory outlet deals...I believe the M50ti's can be had for $588 at the outlet and $620 for regular. You won't be disappointed with these. The prices include shipping. What are you using for a receiver? This may narrow down your options.
cheers

Berny
here is the link
http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html

Anonymous
Steve, Axioms website also has a section called factory outlet, or something like that. The speakers in the outlet are factory seconds, but only cosmeticly not audibly. The cosmatic damage is very minimal and the speakers still have a full warrenty.

Mark
Also, check out the PSB Image 6T cosmetic blem models at www.dmc-electronics.com. Right at your price of $599/pair. I bought mine there 2 weeks ago. I like the sound of the 6T better than the 5T. I also directly compared with Paradigm Mini-Monitors. The 6T had a better midrange than the 5T or the Paradigm's.

I wanted to try the Axiom's, but the return shipping cost to Canada was too high if I didn't like them. I did try the Ascend CMT-340's, but I liked the PSB's better. (And they were less money, and I don't need a sub.)

Also check out the Magnepan MMG for $550 delivered. Direct from www.magnepan.com with a 60-day money-back guarantee. I haven't heard them, but they get rave reviews here.

Boots
Steve,
Don't know if you made a choice yet, but thought I'd give my 2 cents worth!
I just bought a pair of the PSB Image 5Ts, coupled with a NAD T 742 and the speakers sound awesome! I didn't have a chance to hear the 6Ts (although the specs are pretty much the same, except for 3 6.5 woofers instead of 2, and a larger cabinet), but I did audition the 5Ts against a pair of 4Ts, and thought the mids and bass were much nicer on the 5Ts, so I went the extra $120 for the 5Ts.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Boots

Boots
Steve,
Don't know if you made a choice yet, but thought I'd give my 2 cents worth!
I just bought a pair of the PSB Image 5Ts, coupled with a NAD T 742 and the speakers sound awesome! I didn't have a chance to hear the 6Ts (although the specs are pretty much the same, except for 3 6.5 woofers instead of 2, and a larger cabinet), but I did audition the 5Ts against a pair of 4Ts, and thought the mids and bass were much nicer on the 5Ts, so I went the extra $120 for the 5Ts.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Boots

Daryl
hey SteveP,

Check out Streem speakers. They are Canadian too. I just bought the fs-808 towers and can't believe how good they sound. I don't have the most amazing home theater setup, just your standard 5x100 watt Kenwood receiver but these speakers are very clear and have tonnes of bass (I had to turn of the loudness feature on my receiver cause it was just too much) you don't really even need a sub with these.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us