Numark TT200 direct drive... Left channel stops working?!

Username: Frankb88

Post Number: 1
Hi all, this is my first post so take it easy on me please. ;)

Basically, i have owned Numark TT200's for a few months and they have worked pretty much perfectly... Unfortunately though one of my turntables left channel keeps ceasing to work.
When i plug it in and un plug it, it works perfectly for a few minutes then the same thing happens again, the left channel starts going crackly then after a little while of this stops working all together (the left speaker & left headphone).

I was suspect at first whether this was my mixer, but i tried switching them round, the turntable played the same tricks even though i switched it with the other turntable. So i have thus concluded it isnt the amp/speakers/mixer and it has to be the turntable.

I havent transported or bashed my equipment at all. I am unsure whether it could be my stylus or needle as it works fine for a few minutes, surely if it was either of those it wouldnt work at all?

I am abit of a novice to all this and please dont ask me any complex wiring questions as it isnt my speciality to say the least.

I would REALLY appreciate your help,

cheers,
Frank

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14215

As a rule cartridges either work or they do not, there's not many situations where the cartridge would be respsonsible for dropping a channel and none I can think of that would occur after a few minutes use.

The stylus either works or doesn't, period. The only possible situation where the stylus might be at fault would be if it were improperly installed which can be confirmed by a simple visual check.

The most likely problem would occur in the internal wiring which would require a service tech's appraisal. If you've only had the tables for a short time, they should still be under warranty.

You say you can temnporarily resolve the problem by unplugging and re-plugging the table. Unplugging what from where? The AC or the interconnect? If it's the interconnect, then you probably have a defective cable.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us